Covid-19 outbreak response and changes to our services
We want to say thank you for the way so many of our supporters have rallied around us during this difficult time. Many people have dropped off the extra supplies and funding that we are needing to continue to serve our youth. We have had to make some changes to our services in order to best protect our clients, volunteers, and staff.
- Our services are now open at 10pm.
- We only allow in youth who need a place to sleep for the night.
- Youth who have other accommodations but are still in need of food and other supplies can receive them at the door.
- We are reducing the number of volunteers we have at the shelter to keep the number of people to the minimum we need to run the program.
- We are taking extra steps to assure good hygiene at the care centre when we are open.
- Lastly, because of a number of volunteers and staff who have needed to self isolate for the next few weeks, we have reduced our service from 5 nights to 3 (Fridays to Sundays only).
Please keep us all in your prayers as we navigate this historic time and we do our best to operate with both compassion and wisdom.